2012 Pumpkin Contest
Get out your paints and craft supplies for a howling
good time this spooky season!
Decorate a pumpkin or pumpkins that will show off your talents and brighten the day of an elderly Weatherford resident. Enter to win some GREAT PRIZES! All prizes will be awarded at a special dinner that the winners and their families will be invited to attend.
Bring your super creative, award winning pumpkin to The Coyote station at 10040 HWY 54 by Thursday, October 25th at 5pm. All entries will be judged on Friday, October 26th. Winner will be notified by 5pm on Friday, October 26th that they have been awarded a prize. All prizes will be awarded at the dinner on Tuesday, October 30th at Weatherwood Assisted Living Center, located in front of the Weatherford Regional Hospital. Dinner will begin at 5pm.
Not only will winners receive prizes and dinner, but they will also be recognized that evening on the radio as The Coyote will be broadcasting live from Weatherwood that evening following the dinner from 6-8pm and during a special trick or treat event with the residents. Wear your costumer to the awards dinner and stay for the trick or treat fun!
Following the dinner, ALL pumpkins entered will be delivered to residents of the Weatherwood Assisted Living Center.
So get out your paints, glitter, clay, felt, foam, etc. and GET BUSY! But remember the most important rule: NO CARVING! Because rotten pumpkins are stinky!
This contest is sponsored by:
- Wright Wradio
- Weatherwood Assisted Living Center
- Bank of Western Oklahoma
- The Chucker Huddle
Dates to remember:
- Contest ends on Thursday, October 25th at 5PM - NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Winners will be notified on Friday, October 26th by 5PM.
- Prizes will be awarded at the Weatherwood Assisted Living Center Pumpkin Dinner on Tuesday, October 30th at 5pm.
- Weatherwood trick or treating and The Coyote live broadcast will begin at 6pm on Tuesday, October 30th.
- Ages 5 and under
- Ages 6-10
- Ages 11-15
- Ages 16 and up (adults included)
Within each of the four age categories, prizes will be awarded for:
- First Place - $25 in Weatherford Chamber Bucks, a Limited Edition Coyote Halloween T-shirt and other fun goodies!
- Second Place - $20 in Weatherford Chamber Bucks, a Limited Edition Coyote Halloween T-shirt and other fun goodies!
- Third Place - $15 in Weatherford Chamber Bucks, a Limited Edition Coyote Halloween T-shirt and other fun goodies!
- Most Creative - $20 in Weatherford Chamber Bucks, a Limited Edition Coyote Halloween T-shirt and other fun goodies!
- Scariest - $20 in Weatherford Chamber Bucks, a Limited Edition Coyote Halloween T-shirt and other fun goodies!
Note: Weatherford Chamber Bucks spend just like cash as any Weatherford Chamber member's store.
Pumpkins can be any size.
Pumpkins cannot be carved or cut into in anyway that might cause molding or rotting to occur.
No profanity or vulgar designs will be accepted.
All pumpkins must be brought to The Coyote/Wright Wradio station by 5pm CST on October 25th. The station is located at 10040 HWY 54.
Purchase price of pumpkin and decoration elements is the responsibility of the individual and will not be reimbursed by sponsoring organizations.
All pumpkins will be given to the residents of the Weatherwood Assisted Living Center to help them celebrate the Fall Season. Pumpkins will NOT be returned.
An entry form (available at The Coyote station upon delivery) must accompany all entries. T-shirt size and signature required.
Each individual can enter up to three pumpkins, however, each individual can only win one time in one category.
An entry can consist of more than one pumpkins. Example: A set of pumpkins as Ernie and Bert from Sesame Street.
Pumpkins can be decorated in any manner as long as they are not cut in anyway. Ideas for decoration include paint, glitter, markers, felt, etc.
You must agree to being photographed with your entry as well as at the award event for promotional purposes.
Wright Wradio and/or Weatherwood Assisted Living Center is in no way liable for any injury resulting from participation in this event.